Sunday, March 6, 2016

All About Marla

I wanted a Boxer for years, as they're good with kids, sweet, smart, fun, and in my opinion, so, SO cute. Finally, after searching for breeders, we found one just over an hour away from us with a litter of puppies around seven weeks old. That weekend, Almost Fiance and I headed on up to the breeder's home where we met a litter of adorable brindle Boxers. We spent a good 45 minutes or so talking to the breeder, playing with the pups and meeting the parents.




Man oh man it was a tough decision, but in the end we settled on a playful and sweet little gal. Her name came to me on the ride home and Almost-Fiance agreed right away. One of our favorite books is "Fight Club" that's how the name Marla came about. 

Now she is full grown at a whopping 44 lbs with her collar on and will be two in June. I can hardly believe it. It feels as if we just got her the other day. She is sweet, silly and wonderful with all of our kids. I will forever refer to her as my first baby. 


2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! I love boxers I grew up with them, such awesome dogs. Your Marla is soooo cute :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving us a comment. We love to hear from our readers!