Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Goals 2016

This post is a little late, yes, but I'm doing it anyway.

Fitness Goals:

  • continue to work out at least five days per week - right now I do a combo of HIIT, walking, yoga, and riding 
  • bust out 25 'real' push ups - current total: 10 
  • climb up to Heubline Tower without stopping - did this twice last year, I know it can be done! (the first part is about 1/2 mile up hill)

  • do yoga 2x per week - this will hopefully translate wonderfully into my riding 
  • find new hiking spots with hills - change it up! 
  • continue to track and log my calories every day - I use My Fitness Pal for this - love it


Riding Goals: 

  • ride at least once per week 
  • work out a deal to have one lesson and one hack per week by end of year - $ permitting
  • get through a lesson without any breaks - doesn't count if I need water or horse needs it
  • work on closing hip angle over fences - I know that Alyssa and Niamh have had issues with this and apparently it's a flexibility issue (hoping yoga will help) 
  • if riding goal #2 works out, do lots of no-stirrup work and two point - and participate in 2pointober and No Stirrup November!
  • get over fear of jumping - maybe a riding (sports) psychology book will help? Feel free to recommend one.

Tonight:



1 comment:

Thank you for leaving us a comment. We love to hear from our readers!