Monday, July 8, 2013

Recap


This is going to be semi-boring because I don’t have any pictures. But anywho.


Wednesday night I did end up going to the barn and saw my precious pony. How did I get there? You might ask. Well I drove my car that is falling apart. It is so bad that she stalls every time I come to a stop sign or light. Yeah it’s embarrassing because I look like a newbie driver but oh well. I have to get places!

Vinny was wayyyy “up” and feeling fresh. I spaced two cavaletti out about three strides apart and planned to work on adjusting stride and seeing distances but oh no. Vin had to keep trying to charge the other horse in the ring and blow through the line every time. Once I figured out that this wasn’t going to get any better, I made him trot nicely around the ring a couple of times without making any faces at the other horse and called it a night. I hosed him off and put him back in his stall with fan on.


Thursday morning I had a lesson. Let me tell you, S really kicked my butt! We worked on a forward sitting trot with no stirrups. Geez it is hard to keep my abs engaged, shoulders back, head up etc while bouncing around. After my legs were sufficently on fire, he decided to have us do it again but practice leg yields down the quarter line. This was fun but painful!

 
Next we worked on really sitting deep at the canter and eventually threw in a little vertical. Vinny was being so good and keeping the same pace as we circled back around to this little jump over and over. We ended with a really nice distance to the fence at the canter. Love my horsey!


One of the high school girls was there to ride her horse and she convinced me to go on a trail ride with her so I saddled up Roxy and we headed out. I got to actually see where the trails go and we were out there for a good 1.5 hours. It was super super super hot like 98 degrees and humid and BUGGY but it was still fun. Roxy would not cross any bridges so I kept having to get down and lead her across, but other than that she was pretty good. She is a lot more spooky than Vinny but even so her ‘spooking’ is mild. All she does is stop and try to turn around. She doesn’t buck or rear or side step or anything. What a good girl!

Now I am very happy that I have somewhere new to ride with Vinny. I love taking him out on trails ‘cause I can tell he loves it.


Saturday I took the day to car shop. I thought this would be a way more fun that it was. Car salespeople are not nice. I looked at a few and even called some other places and made an offer over the phone so I wouldn’t have to drive to their dealerships for no reason. No one accepted. L


I was so upset with the way I was treated when I got home that I stayed in and slept and sulked around all day. Very productive I know.

Saturday night I went out with some friends. Sunday nothing. Tonight I have a lesson J wooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a comment. We love to hear from our readers!