Thursday, July 11, 2013

Snort.


I took a risk last night and decided to attempt driving Gege (the poor dying tracker) up to the barn. Like I said in my previous post, I’ve only been going up there maybe twice a week because I was so afraid she was going to die on the way. I could not wait for 1700 to hit so I could see and my pony.


When I went to grab Vinny out of his stall, instead of keeping his head down in his hay like normal, he actually came up to me and let me pet and kiss his face for a moment before going back to munching. I like to think he misses me too.


Upon putting him on the cross ties in the aisle, I noticed … yep … HIVES! I was so upset. I thought they were gone! My poor pony. I really don’t like how big and painful they look, even though I know they don’t really bother him.


I would have ridden him anyway but of course they were all over his barrel and girth area so that was a no-go. He also hadn’t been ridden in a few days so I decided to free lunge him in the indoor for a little bit.  My horsey is soooo cute! K and I now know that he is capable of a really fancy beautiful trot. Now the goal is to get him to go like that under saddle. I really wish I had my phone out there with me so I could record some of his fanciness. He also got to run around and buck and play. At the end of all this he was standing in the middle of the ring huffing and snorting with his head held high. He is just so precious and beautiful. I love him.


Anywho. I walked him around the barn for a little bit until it started to rain on us. Then hosed him off, washed tail and picked feet. One of the cross ties came undone during all of this and he didn’t even do anything stupid. What a good boy!


I put him back in stall with fan on, watched some of the other girls ride, and then prayed before I attempted the drive home. Obviously, I made it. But barely as this morning the clunking was so loud that I just knew she was going to die on the way in to work. I had bestie pick up and I’m here now, working. Not haha.


Tomorrow I get to go sign my money away on a new car! Woooo. Will post pics.

2 comments:

  1. yay new car!!!

    Hope your boy feels better in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hives are the worst. Simon has them too right now :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving us a comment. We love to hear from our readers!