Wednesday, June 19, 2013

30 Day Horse Challenge - Day One


I’ve decided to take it upon myself to complete this 30 day challenge everyone seems to have done but me.
 

Day One - When and Why You Started Riding


I started riding at age seven. I have no shame in admitting that the only reason (at first) that I wanted to be around horses was because of my sister and my cousin. Both of them have always had horses in their lives, and I wanted to be like them. This quickly turned from the little sis/cousin tag-along routine, to a full blown obsession.

Enter books upon books. I read the entire Thoroughbred series, all of the Saddle Club books and was subscribed to Young Rider. I even had a pen pal.

I feel lucky that my parents let me start riding at a young age -- and I’ve been riding ever since then. There were maybe a few breaks here and there, but I am still the crazy-obsessed horse gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a comment. We love to hear from our readers!