Friday, June 21, 2013

30 Day Horse Challenge - Day Three

Your Best Riding



My best riding occurs when I am only focused on riding. Sometimes I get so upset that I ‘feel’ sloppy that I’ll start repeating to myself “Perfect practice makes perfect” over and over until my body is accepting the pain and exhaustion and pushing through it. I will often imagine that I am riding in front of a judge or the famed GM to make sure I am putting forth my best effort.

If I am supposed to list a specific time when I rode my best, well that’s a little more difficult. I don’t feel that I’ve ever reached my ‘best’ riding. Not yet at least.

I feel like there are two Kaysees to pick from. There’s 16 year old Kaysee and there’s rerider 25 year old Kaysee. As 16 year old Kaysee I would say my lessons on Homey were my best. Not even jumping necessarily, but getting the horse to come back to me and really clicking with him. As older Kaysee. Well. Anytime I can make it through an hour long lesson without taking a walk break on my own accord is my best riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a comment. We love to hear from our readers!