Thursday, June 20, 2013

Something Horsey?


I didn’t go up to the barn last night. I’m sure you can tell since the last thing I posted about was my nails for heaven’s sake.

How about something horsey for this afternoon, shall we?

This was stolen from pretty much everyone I follow – haha. Enjoy!

Splurge or save: 

1) saddle: save. Believe it or not. Got my off-brand saddle for $500 about 10 years ago. It happens to fit most horses nicely J
2) board: save. Sort of. I happen to board at a nice place for a very decent rate.
3) halter: save. I got mine on sale at Smartpak. It’s still pretty nice though. Nylon with leather crown.
4) bit: n/a as S buys those
5) bridle:same as above. Though I am considering buying V a show bridle
6) saddle pad: save. Anything under $20 is awesome!
7) trailer: n/a 

First thing that comes to mind: 

1) Haflinger: adorbs chubby pony
2) Quarter Horse: Roxy
3) Thoroughbred: Homey
4) Warmblood: My friend’s horse Grinsen
5) Welsh Cob: popular

This or That:

1) english or western
2) tall or short
3) trail ride or beach ride
4) long mane or short mane 
5) hunters or jumpers 
6) XC or barrel racing
7) outdoor arena or indoor arena - really depends on the weather!
8) trot or canter 
9) canter or gallop
10) paddock boots, tall boots, or cowboy boots
11) horse shoes or barefoot – Vin gets some fancy fronts
12) saddle or bareback

About you: 
1) How long have you been riding? 18 years off and on
2) Do you own or lease a horse? lease
3) Breed? Age? Height? Name? (if you don’t own or lease, you could talk about your lesson horse) Canadian Warmblood, 10ish?, 16.2hh, Vinny
4) Do you have any other pets? Wish I had a dog
5) If your horse was a person, what kind of voice would they have (you can use a celebrity for an example) some young boy’s voice.
6) Does your horse have a “color”? If so, what is it, and what do you have in that color? Well I have colors for him, not so much K. they are navy, royal blue and grey. I have saddle pads and I did have a matching ear bonnet but the stitches started coming undone after like 3 rides in it... wth?
7) Does your horse do any tricks? Not anything nice. haha
8) Have you ever dressed your horse up for Halloween?  Not yet! 

Favorites: 
1) Breed? TB
2) Discipline? Hunters, Jumpers, XC, Foxhunting – have never done the last three but enjoy watching and hope to someday DO.  
3) Coat color? Bay.
4) Famous horse? Don’t have one.
5) Horse race/competition? World Cup
6) Brand of tack? Don’t have one.

7) Thing to do with your horse? Trail ride

always looked like fun to me..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a comment. We love to hear from our readers!