Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Past Shows

I didn’t see the precious pony last night, so nothing new to report…yet.

Today I would like to fill everyone in on our past show experiences.

So far, Vinny and I have been competing in about one show/month. We could do more but that is all this gal can afford. Trust, I do wish I had the funds to compete every weekend or as I choose. I think that would be so fun and allow us to progress quicker. But since I’m stuck with the mediocre office job, it’s just not gonna happen right now.

Currently we compete in Adult English Pleasure (yes I am aware of how naughty that sounds). Basically all we do is W/T/C each direction and maybe halt or back up. It’s probably boring to the non-horsey person, but I think it’s kind of fun to show off my pony and get the points! I’m so turning into a point chaser. And the rewards of that? We’re number one in the state in this division via CHSA. Which means I get pretty ribbons, the point standings online, and to attend the awards banquet (fancy) at the end of the season/year and get recongnized for Vinny being so fab. *excuse me whilst I daydream about my sweet boy*

I enjoy every aspect of showing. The practice, especially, and the prep work we do. But even the waking up early, loading everything into the trailer, arriving either too late, or way too early, the nerves, the waiting ALL day for my teammates classes to begin, etc. I love it. 

Our first time showing together was in February this year at our current barn. We did just okay. I was super duper nervous and everyone could tell. In turn, Vinny was not exactly on his best behavior and I was met with a lot of head tossing and bit play.

Since then we’ve done two more shows at our barn, and one at Folly Farm. The Folly one is the one I’m most proud of so far. He was amazing, just delightful and beauiful. The judge liked him and we came away as division champs.

That’s definitely not to say that every other show has gone 100%. We had the huge case of diarrhea at one of the shows at our barn. Like, literally exploded all over the tack room door right before his classes. Me and the other people standing with him were wide eyed and speechless for a few moments.. uhhh, did that really just happen?! Eewww. And then there’s  the most recent show that he was to compete in (not me),  the Color Breeds division at Oak Meadow. Myself and A go to take his halter off and put his bridle on and my horse books it, yes, with bridle hanging at his feet, towards the street. Thank the heavens he stopped just before the street to eat grass. Uhh, hey Dork head, you’re an idiot! A hopped on him in the warm up ring and was off within 20 minutes. No, she didn’t bail, but he did try charging, throwing his head up to mimic giraffe, and bolting. Uhhh guess what Vin, you get to go back on the trailer and be ignored (and watered, no worries) for the rest of the day. Alright, alright. We all know I didn’t ignore him. I can’t help it. He’s just so cute.

Anywho. I have a lesson tonight. Well more of half a lesson, if you remember I split my lesson between Monday and today? Yeah so today is jumping hopefully.

ready to ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a comment. We love to hear from our readers!