Monday, June 17, 2013

Best Horse


 
Sometimes, I really do feel like I have the best horse. I’ll get back to reasons why in a moment.
 
I rode Saturday AM up in the outdoor ring.
 
Here are some pics of the outdoor. I’m not sure if you can tell how big it is..?





 
Vinny was very good. We basically worked on the same things as Wednesday. Hind end impulsion, holding the same pace, and simple changes.
 
We did several simple changes through the centerline and through the diagonal each way. Each time was perfect. I was very happy with this.
 
Extension at the trot was just so-so. Vin would not hold it for as long as he normally does. I feel like maybe he was just too distracted. To get him concentrating more I went back to our exercise of sitting trot on the short sides, collected. And then posting and opening up my reins on the long sides. This did get more focus out of him.
 
Our circles definitely need more work. The lateral movement is improving, but the pace issue is still there.
 
At the end of our ride I popped him over a cross rail a few times and he was soooogood. He didn’t even stop on our first attempt! Woo!
 
I walked Vinny back down the hill to the barn and doused him fly spray again, grabbed my phone and remounted outside. We went past the shed that houses shavings and over the bridge and into the potato fields. Then walked along the edge of the woods, and through the trees and up a small hill to where there are three big shed thingies being built. I turned him to the right to walk along the edge of some other fields. There were some people out there planting. And …. Dun dunDUHHHH. Some really scary things.
 
Scary things included a big red truck with seedling things in it, a tractor, a full size school bus, and! Wait for it… two small controlled fires! I bet you’re thinking that my horsey spooked. NOPE. Well, he did theVinny version of a spook which is stop and try to turn around. Haha! But we made it through and back to the barn with no mishaps. What a good boy.







 
I brought Vinny back up to the outdoor to graze after I had hosed him down. He only had one minor freak out which happened because M was getting on Dee right behind Vin. He kicked one of the arena fence planks down. Haha it was actually funny and we easily stuck the plank back on the fence. I then decided it was probably a good time to put Vin back in his stall.
 
After Pumpkin head was back in his freshly cleaned stall eating hay, I went back up top to watch some of the girls ride. This is when all heck broke loose. A had asked me to come into the ring to film her horse’s trot. After about a half way around the ring, her horse bucks HUGE and throws her to the ground.
 
 
 
Thankfully he trotted over towards me and didn’t go tearing around the  ring and re-injure himself. I will have to see if she’s okay with me posting a pic of them. It was crazy.
 
I took Mex down to the barn for her and put him away. He’s definitely in trouble.
 
 
Sunday I rode Hope, MD’s horse, in the indoor.
 
Here’s a pic of our indoor:


 
She was really good. I love that people are so generous with their horses. 
 
I have a lesson tonight, which I’m really excited about and will deliver a full report tomorrow.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a comment. We love to hear from our readers!