Monday, June 10, 2013

Where I Have Been

I realize that I have not written a post in three-four days, so this will be a long recap of the weekend.

Firstly, I would like to start off by saying that I did not compete on Saturday like originally planned. S and I decided that it just wasn’t worth the cost this time. A. we would have to have Vin braided (which I was looking forward to, but $$$, Karen would probably say I could do it myself ;) but I just don’t feel confident enough, I need another lesson) B. we would be paying more per class than normal because this particular show is AA rated, and C. we just threw down another $690 combined for Vinny’s hock injections. I will get back to Saturday shortly.

Thursday evening I polished the CRAP out of my boots. This is when I thought I was still showing Saturday. I will be posting my tips on boot polishing later on.


Friday

I decided I would take the day off of work. It was much needed. I woke up around 0930 but stayed in bed just laying there for a good two hours after that. The bestie brought me a sandwich from one of our favorite places and we got to have a short lunch together. J  Thanks bestie! I txt messaged S to see what time he would be going to the barn and told him I’d meet him up there around 1300.

In typical CT fashion, it was a lovely 60 degrees or so, dreary, and raining. Let me remind you that just days before this it was 95 and humid.  What the heck?!

Friday is not my day to ride, but what else does one do on their day off besides at least be around horses, right?  i walked into the tack room and S and A were already there. i sat down with them and S and I discussed the pros and cons of showing on Saturday. Let me tell you, I was so relieved that he brought it up first. I was already talking to bestie about maybe not going on Saturday, but didn’t want to just leave S hanging with all the show fees by himself so we’ll say I was already mentally prepared to throw down the costs of the show. 

What happened was, no one decided to go! Well actually two people did. But that’s two people out of the original ten or so that were scheduled to go to this show. We agreed that we could spend the same amount of $ on TWO shows this month rather than spending all that money on ONE when we don’t even get anything special as far as points.  I think that’s a pretty good decision, isn’t it? Our replacement show will be at Sweetwater on the 23rd.

I love hanging out at the barn during the day time. That means I get to watch lessons and help set fences and help kids with horses sometimes. Oh and I get to check in on Vin whenever I want and take super good care of him. I will refill his buckets, groom him, and if he’s turned out I will reclean his stall. Yeah I have problems.

I stayed at the barn from about 1300 to 2000 that night. That’s how much I love being there with everyone. I also got to assist in clipping Roxy and preparing her for her pleasure classes the following day.

Finally left and picked up some Mexican on the way home. YUM!

Saturday

I woke up around 0800-0900 feeling great. I threw on my new breeches curtosy of Beanie’s Breeches and headed out to the barn. I feel that it is always great to buy from a local small business and I will provide the link to these breeches when I find it. J

Here’s what my brilliant mind thought up next:

Since I lent my regular ole’ stirrup irons to KR for the show, I will just ride without them. Uhhh. Reminder to self: you need to stretch out your leg muscles before performing such a difficult task. The result: I have my right leg swung over the top of my saddle and Vinny starts to walk away. That was embarrassment number one. Second embarrassement: once mounted, D (a trainer that drives in to instruct on the weekends – would really like a lesson with her) notices that I am stirrup-less and compliments me on my bravery. Uhhh. This is my first time doing this, I reply. I continue around the ring with my legs in position as if I have stirrups and for some reason, my inner thighs are already killing me! what the heck?! I’m only walking!! Let me tell you, it’s a little embarrassing when you have to hop down after 15 min of walk/trot stirrupless in front of a trainer you want a lesson with L . I just laugh at myself.


bye stirrups :(

how i felt.



I put Vinny away and followed the R family to Shallowbrook to watch their daughter show. I had a great time with everyone, especially riding around in the golf cart with S.

Third embarrassment of the day is this:


lobster arms.


I apologize for the mondo cleave shot, but I just had to post this pic. it’s hilarious! Yeah, that’s the first and last time I forget my SPF 50 at home. I spent a solid 6 hours there and then headed home to shower and go out to dinner with a of couple friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a comment. We love to hear from our readers!