Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Training Day


Last night was the first day of my ‘training’ to work at the barn. Basically I will be working Sunday mornings, probably holidays, and wherever I can fill in for people.

 

Duties include turning horses in and out, feeding and watering, sweeping aisles, and keeping track of the general welfare of each horse. I kind of wish stall cleaning was a duty, just so I could build some muscle. But alas, some dude does it on Sundays and Mondays. Let me tell you, I’m actually excited to work and learn the quirks of each horse. I figure, I’m there pretty much all day on both Saturday and Sunday, so why not get paid a little (who doesn’t want help with board $) and pretty much do the same things I already do for Vinny – but on a much larger scale. Sounds fun to me!

 

So. Being the horse-obsessed person I am, I could not leave the barn without at least sitting on a horse. I got Vinny out of his stall quick, threw in some ear plugs and put his bridle on, and got on him bareback in the indoor. I swear this horse can tell that I’m slightly insecure bareback. He doesn’t try anything crazy, didn’t make one single face at Chopin, and didn’t spook at all at the scary door. What a good pumpkin head!



 

We pretty much just strolled around the ring, talking with AW and MW about breeches and jobs. It was relaxing and fun to just hang out and chat for a little bit.

 

After about 30 min or so I put the pony away with lots of kisses and “good boy” s. I stayed around for a few minutes chatting with L about find a new job. Her, not me. 

 

You know whats really sad? I was actually excited to eat cereal for dinner. Yep. Pretty sad. Cereal. Really, Kaysee? Eh. Whatever. I can have cereal for dinner if I want. I am a grown up.

 

Painted my nails again and watched HGTV all night. Yeah that’s my other obsession. HGTV. It’s bad.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a comment. We love to hear from our readers!