Monday, June 24, 2013

Relaxation


I woke up at about 0900 yesterday. Not too bad, right? Yeah not too bad at all, unless you decided you should lay in bed until 1200 watching YouTube videos. Really, Kaysee? Yep I did it.

 

Eventually I slowly got up and dressed to head out to the barn. There was a ton of people and horses and trailers etc because my barn was hosting a show. Also, both arenas were closed to boarders. The average Jane might be a little upset about this but not me! It was just an excuse to head out onto the trails. I was hoping that there might be a fellow boarder/friend to go out with but there was not a single familiar soul on the grounds! It was super weird to see a bunch of strangers walking through the barn and sitting in the viewing room. I was kind of worried about these people sitting in there with all of our tack just out in the open…

 

Anyway. I got Vinny ready, sprayed him down with fly spray, mounted up and headed around the barn to the entrance to the trails. He wouldn’t continue past the shavings shed due to some vehicles parked there. I got off and led him through the vehicles and into the ‘orchard’. I don’t really know why this grassy area is called ‘the orchard’. I mean there’s a few trees and some natural jumps. That’s it. But anywho I led him over to a log and hopped back up. We tooled around the orchard for a little bit and then headed over the bridge and around the potato fields. Instead of doing our usual route through the trees, I decided to take him up to the right, into a grouping of lots for houses that are being built. We saw the cutest deer jumping through the tall grass.

 

We walked through the grass and down the street (yes in a suburban neighborhood) and eventually turned around to head back home. I know it sounds short but we were out there for probably 45 min. just walking around looking at stuff.



 

I swear I have the best horse ever. He doesn’t spook at anything; all he does is look around at things we pass. I was able to ride him on the buckle pretty much the entire time. What a good boy.

 

I hosed him off when we got back and put him back in his stall with a flake of hay, fan on, and freshly filled water buckets. Love my horsey!

 

As for me, I went grocery shopping. Then home where I ate my weight in pasta. I could not move from the couch for hours. Okay maybe not hours but you get the idea.

 

Anndddd. Did my nails and toe nails, as per my usual. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving us a comment. We love to hear from our readers!